Guest Services Associate
The Chinese American Museum of Chicago is looking for dedicated, reliable, and energetic individuals who would like to join our team as Guest Services Associates.
Provide guest services and facilities support with a variety of activities and related tasks. The Guest Services Associate will be responsible for greeting visitors and monitoring exhibit floors as well as light clerical duties.
- Manage all communications with shift employees.
- Monitor all front desk operations and ensure efficient stock in lobby.
- Monitor all cash transactions for front desk employees according to bank agreement policies.
- Ensure that all the registration and check in procedures have been followed as per the given standards. Assist guests who have checked in and greet them in a friendly manner and interact with them in a positive way. Make sure that the visitors have been guided properly.
- Safely keep the keys.
- Serve as primary floor monitor when visitors are present.
- Assist in the preparation of event space for planned programs and activities.
- Assist in museum property upkeep and maintenance.
- Practice safety standards and ensure that all the housekeeping work is carried out in a proper manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organization Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Ability to multi-task
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Saturday and Sunday 9:45 am to 5:15 pm (Summer) or 9:45am to 4:15pm (Winter). This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree/equivalency; Associate Degree in Business or related area desired
- Microsoft Office experience
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.